Community Proposal for the DIA DAO Annual Treasury vote 2023

Dear Dia Team,

It’s been 1 year.

Hope this finds you all well.
In the name of our community, I extend our collective appreciation to the entire team and founders for their commitment to the DIA vision.
As a community, we stand united, sharing a deep connection with the principles that guide DIA.

We recognize the efforts, passion, and dedication put forth by the DIA team, and we want to express our heartfelt gratitude. Your all commitment to transparency, decentralization, and community involvement resonates deeply with us, and it is this shared vision that makes our community strong as we are participants in a collective journey. We actively vote, support, and engage because we believe in the potential and principles of DIA. Your successes are our successes, and likewise, if there are challenges, we face them together.

As DIA moves forward, we want to assure you that the community stands firmly behind the team, understanding that the journey may have its challenges.

Community Proposal:

Taking into account the recent options presented for the 2023 annual potential treasury release, the community believes that an airdrop aligns well with the principles of transparency, accountability, and decentralized governance emphasized by DIA.

1. Airdrop:

We propose an airdrop, just like last year, totaling just 91.5k DIA, this is verry conservative to express gratitude without causing market fluctuations or any potential impacts on the token’s price or the broader market. This modest allocation is a token of gratitude to the community without causing undue market fluctuations.

##Solution:

The community proposes using funds from the previous unused treasury to supplement the proposed 91.5k DIA airdrop.
This aligns with the principles of prudent financial management and ensures that unused funds contribute to the community’s benefit.

#Risks: No Risks.

1. No Treasury Release in December:

Aligning with the Dia Data team’s cautious approach, the community supports refraining from any treasury release in December.

Summary of Community Proposal:

##[Airdrop + No 2023 treasury release]##

Specs:
• Utilization of Unused Treasury Funds to supplement the proposed airdrop.
• Airdrop: 91500 DIA
• Distribution Method: Equal shares to everyone who voted on any Dia proposals in 2023.
• Formula: 91500 / nr of votants.
• Claimed airdrop.

• Treasury Release: No release in December 2023.

This comprehensive proposal seeks to uphold our shared principles, express community gratitude, and contribute to the long-term success and sustainability of Dia

Thank you all for your dedication to transparency and collaboration with the community.

Best Regards,
Alex

3 Likes

Hi Alex,

We appreciate your input and proposal. I have approved your post and it is now visible in the “Discussion” section.

Will update you on the next steps before we move on to the vote.

Anze

2 Likes

Hi @alexism . Thanks for the input and proposal again this year. Since, similar to last year reasonable and fair for voting, we will put this up for vote. Regards, Michael

2 Likes

Hey Michael,

Thanks again for being close to the community!

Best regards,
Alex

1 Like

Hello @Michael_DIA , @Anze,

I am delighted with the voting results and i’m eager to lend a helping hand by proactively gathering all the necessary information regarding the airdrop.
To help the team I extracted and organized all 2023 proposals data, ensuring transparency as the information is publicly available on Snapshot page. Furthermore, I have pivoted the extracted data, allowing us to identify unique voters. Now the team has the opportunity to thoroughly recheck and verify the information.

Wish you all to enjoy the holidays and have a fantastic year ahead, filled with numerous accomplishments!

Best regards,
Alex

2 Likes

Hi DIA community. We are unfortunately a bit delayed with the airdrop. Going live tomorrow or Monday latest.

2 Likes

Thank you for your support of the community, but next year I hope that you will work out a mechanism to combating with multi-accounts. I think that this issue should be worked out in the future in more detail, even now judging by the analysis of the transaction is obvious abuse and next year such abuse will be felt in times.

One vote of a real user should not overlap with the votes of one who abuses the favorability of the project. As someone who has been observing your project for a long time, I would not want the chaos of automated systems that has been observed in the ARB network and is observed in LayerZero and Starknet to spill over to you in any way.

1 Like

Hello,

That is a common problem in crypto space.

However, looking forward, there’s room for improvement.
An example that i have is from non-DIA holders. Example: ARB holders and token-holders from projects seeking airdrops scored a 644 DIA drop, even though they’re not Dia holders—a situation we should revisit in the future.

Let’s brainstorm for a smarter airdrop in the future!

Cheers,

3 Likes